2016 concludes on a high note! After an exciting, jam-packed two days of engaging sessions, speakers, dialogues, videos and networking, we close this year’s forum with a wrap up of day two activity. Read on and click through for summary descriptions, photos and social media highlights of today’s Morning Plenary and eight Executive Dialogue panels.
And special thanks to all EE Global attendees, sponsors and energy efficiency advocates for making this a productive, substantial — and fun — forum! See you next year for the 10th annual EE Global Forum.
Today’s Morning Plenary jumpstarted the day with an impressive lineup of industry leaders describing the importance of energy productivity through the lens of government leadership. The packed audience was treated to an engaging discussion, moderated by the Alliance president Kateri Callahan and joined onstage by Dr. Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency (IEA); Rachel Kyte, CEO and Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All); Odon de Buen, director general, Comisión Nacional para el Uso Eficiente de la Energía (CONUEE); Mark Kenber, CEO, The Climate Group; and John Galyen, president, North America, Danfoss.
SOLUTIONS SHOWCASE WINNING VIDEOS
And congratulations to the three winners of the Solutions Showcase video contest! Thanks to all participating organizations for their video submissions of energy efficiency solutions and products. Watch the winning videos here: Danfoss | Lockheed Martin | Power America Technology
EXECUTIVE DIALOGUE SESSIONS
Click on each title to read full summaries of each day’s executive dialogue tracks.
MARKET TRANSFORMATION | Sessions in this track today
- Examining the Energy-Water Nexus: How can we scale up efforts to meet the critical need for efficiency in water infrastructure and end uses?
- Creating More, Using Less: How can we leverage continuous improvement and lean processes to double energy productivity in manufacturing?
GOVERNMENT LEADERSHIP | Sessions in this track today
- Subnational Governments: How are they serving as living policy laboratories?
- Doubling Energy Productivity: How are private sector commitments and best practices advancing global energy productivity policies?
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES & BUSINESS MODELS | Sessions in this track today
- Intelligent Efficiency: How can systems-level integration and intelligence reduce building energy consumption and operating costs?
- Utility of the Future: How are emerging technologies transforming the utility industry?
INVESTMENT & FINANCING | Sessions in this track today
- Big Investment: What are the best financing mechanisms for helping small and medium enterprises value and drive energy efficiency?
- Carbon Scoring: How can capital markets be used as a substitute for a tax carbon?