Bipartisan Policy Center, Business Roundtable, National Association of Manufacturers and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Join Alliance to Save Energy to Discuss Action on Energy Efficiency
WHAT: The Alliance to Save Energy, Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), Business Roundtable (BRT), National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will discuss common ground on energy efficiency, an area that enjoys strong, bipartisan support.
Earlier this year, the Alliance, BPC, BRT and NAM each issued recommendations for action on energy efficiency as an important component to any national energy policy. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will release its own energy recommendations in the coming weeks.
- Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Senator Byron Dorgan (Ret.), Senior Fellow and Strategic Energy Policy Initiative Co-Chair, BPC
- John Engler, President, BRT
- Ross Eisenberg, Vice President, Energy and Resources Policy, NAM
- Karen Harbert, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for 21st Century Energy
Participants will be available for one-on-one interviews immediately following the press conference.
WHERE: Washington Convention Center
801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001
WHEN: Monday, May 20, 2013 – 9:00 a.m. EST
Immediately preceding the EE Global Forum opening plenary session featuring remarks on the state and future of energy efficiency from Whirlpool, Schneider Electric, United Technologies Corporation and PG&E executives.